Steel pipe - Definition and application of steel pipes.
Steel pipe, also known as hollow section, is a general term for tubular steel sections of various cross-sections. Pipes come in concentric, rectangular, oval or other closed sections. The walls of a steel pipe are made of different types of steel with different qualities of steel.
Steel pipes of different diameters are used for the passage of liquid, gaseous or solid substances. They can also be used as reinforcing, static or structural elements in a wide range of industrial or commercial structures for outdoor and indoor use, such as fences, railings, protective barriers, canopies, trade stands, displays, frames, scaffolding, road and fence markings, garden decorations, cabinets, stairs, terraces, balconies, outdoor advertising, exhibition and trade stands, as well as in the design of recreational and wellness areas. A special design idea is the use of steel pipes for the construction of modern furniture, such as shelves, tables, chairs, benches or recliners.
Types of steel pipes
Due to the variety of applications, steel pipes are available in different diameters and wall thicknesses: from the millimeter range to several meters. Depending on the manufacturing process, steel pipes are differentiated into:
- seamless steel pipes, which are produced in rolling mills by hot rolling and subsequent processing steps. These pipes have a smooth surface without welding seams.
- longitudinally welded steel pipes, which are formed into a pipe body from steel strips (strip steel), wide strip (coil), steel plate, etc. The edges of the strip are then welded longitudinally to form a closed steel pipe, forming a characteristic welding seam.
- Spiral-welded steel pipes that are spirally rolled from steel strips, formed and properly spiral-welded on the edges of the strips to form a closed pipe body.
Klemp pipe systems - our steel pipe assortment
In Klemp's online store https://tubefittings.eu you will find our range of galvanized steel pipes. Our pipes have a standard length of 6 meters, but of course they can also be cut to size. They are available in 6 sizes, from 1⁄2" to 2" inclusive.
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 48.3 mm x 3.25 mm - (1 1/2")
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 60.3 mm x 3.65 mm - (2")
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 21.3 mm x 2.0 mm - (1/2")
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 26.9 mm x 2.3 mm - (3/4")
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 33.7 mm x 2.6 mm - (1")
- Galvanized steel pipe - Ø 42.4 mm x 2.6 mm - (1 1/4")
Klemp galvanized steel pipes - good value for money
To protect steel pipes from corrosion, they are subjected to various coating processes, such as hot-dip galvanizing, powder coating or wet or powder coating.
Klemps steel pipes are subjected to the hot-dip galvanizing process, which consists of several steps. After pre-treatment, the pipes are immersed in a bath of molten zinc. At the end of the process, a zinc alloy of 50 - 150 µm thickness is formed on the surface. This gives the steel pipes a particularly strong protective layer and extensive corrosion protection with a service life of 50 years.
Klemps steel pipes are:
- suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- available in 8 different versions (diameter and wall thickness);
- available in standard lengths of about 600 cm; minimum length is 5 cm (50 mm);
- Maximum length is 6 meters (6000 mm);
- A tolerance of up to 5 mm is possible;
We cut your pipes to the right length - at no extra charge!
What types of steel pipes does Klemp offer?
We offer a variety of hot-dip galvanized seamless steel pipes in different lengths, which have an excellent price/quality ratio. They are available in sizes: Ø 48.3 mm x 3.25 mm - (1 1/2"), Ø 60.3 mm x 3.65 mm - (2"), Ø 21.3 mm x 2.0 mm - (1/2"), Ø 26.9 mm x 2.3 mm - (3/4"), Ø 33.7 mm x 2.6 mm - (1"), Ø 42.4 mm x 2.6 mm - (1 1/4").
I am a B2B customer. Can I buy from you?
We serve private customers as home craftsmen and hobbyists, brokers and commercial customers. Please contact our customer service department and tell us your requirements for a no-obligation quotation. We will be happy to advise you!
In what lengths are steel pipes offered?
We offer steel pipes in standard lengths of about 600 cm. The minimum length that can be ordered is 5 cm (50 mm), the maximum length is 6 meters (6000 mm). For the cut length, a tolerance of up to 5 mm is possible. We cut your pipes to the appropriate length at no extra charge.